TKJ maximizes community opportunities and programs available to our clients and we are so proud of all their involvement in the community.
- Volunteer with community organizations such as the Humane Society, public libraries, nursing homes, homeless shelters and soup kitchens. They also participate in activities to support health and social-related organizations such as the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Pennies by the Inch, Meals on Wheels, LDS Bishops Warehouse and Humanitarian Center, Festival of Trees, Lil’ Gym, Primary Children’s Hospital, Utah Food Bank, Deseret Industries and the Christmas Box House.
- Participate in community clubs (Movies, craft, exercise, swimming, bowling, and entertainment)
- Participate in recreational classes (Crafts, cooking, dancing, computers, living skills, exercise, sign language, ceramics, art, aerobics, gymnastics, ice skating, rock climbing, horseback riding)
- Participate in educational classes (Health-related classes, fire prevention, sexual training, abuse and neglect, rape crisis, and dental hygiene)
- Participate in exercise groups and organizations (“Lighten Up Utah”, community walks, gym memberships, and Weight Watchers)
- Attend art and other cultural events (Art galleries, concerts, theatrical plays throughout the city at local high schools, the Utah Symphony, Hale Center Theater, Desert Star, and the Sandy Amphitheater)
- Support Utah sporting events (Local high school, amateur, community, college, and professional sporting events)
- Participate in support groups (Deaf Center, Circle of Friends, TBI support group, Blind Center, Diabetes Wellness Center, Carbon County Wellness Center, and Senior’s Centers)
- Engage in political activities (Clients have placed signs in their yards, hosted “Meet the Candidate” nights, received training on using voting machines, attended events to meet their legislators, and attended town meetings)